Retron 2 System PakBrand new, factory sealed Retron 2 gaming system for NES and SNES. Plays original 8-Bit NES games as well as original 16-Bit SNES games. It's 2 systems for the price of 1! Includes 1 NES controller and 1 SNES controller, AV cables, and AC adapter.
*Please note that the zapper gun will only work on CRT (Tube) televisions. It will not work on any HD TVs i.e. Plasma, LED, LCD, DLP or projection style TVs.
Mario Pro Pak - Retron 2 system, Super Mario/Duck Hunt game with zapper gun, Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3 NES games, and Super Mario World SNES game.
The following NES games are not compatible with the Retron 2:
- Bandit Kings of Ancient China
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
- Cheetahmen II
- Challenge of the Dragon
- Crystal Mines
- Dirty Harry
- Jordan vs Bird: One on One
- Laser Invasion
- Mad Max
- Nobunaga's Ambition II
- Pipe Dream
- Rad Racer II
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
- The Krion Conquest
- Uncharted Waters
- WWF King of the Ring
- WWF WrestleMania Challenge
The following SNES games are not compatible with the Retron 2:
- The Incredible Crash Dummies
- Batter UP
- E.V.O.: Search for Eden - Cannot save or delete save files. (Disputed.)
- Street Fighter 2 Alpha - The S-DD1 chip does not function.
- Star Ocean - Another S-DD1 dependent title.
- Kirby Super Star - Due to Nintendo SA-1 Coprocessor built into the Cartridge
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Another Nintendo SA-1 dependent title. (Disputed)
- Super Bomberman 2 - The game starts up but the control pad does not function.
- Super Scope 6 - Gun will work but you cannot use the controller
- Terminator: Arcade, Metal Combat - cannot play 2 player mode
- Games marked as (Disputed) have been found to work some of the time.
At times, different copies of the same game can behave differently in the Retron 2. This can be explained by a game title having multiple different cartridge chip types. Some copies of Dragon Warrior or Super Mario Bros. 2, for example, will not work in a new retro system; while different copies of that same title will operate with no issues in that same machine. In other cases, the system simply does not function with certain expansion chips, such as those in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.
- NTSC (US, Canada)