What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- Contact Information: Name, address, phone number or email address.
- Purchase Information: Items you purchase, sizes, payment methods (such as credit or debit card numbers), billing and shipping addresses and contact information (for receipts, shipping confirmations or order updates)
- Profile Information: If you sign up for an account on dkoldies.com, account username and password, wish list items, items in your shopping cart, product review information or other items you provide as part of your dkoldies.com profile.
- Preference Information: Contact or marketing preferences, brand and merchandise interests.
- Demographic Information: Age, month and day of birth or gender.
- Video Recordings: For security and loss prevention purposes, Our office and warehouse have a video monitoring system in place at all times that may capture your image.
- Call and Chat Recordings: Notes about your call or chat and what you shared during your conversation.
- Device and Browsing Information: Information about your phone, tablet, computer or device and online browsing activity, including but not limited to your device’s information, current location, domain type, browser version, service provider or IP address. We also collect information about pages you visit on dkoldies.com and technical efficiencies of your visit, such as the time you visited our website or the time it took to connect to the website or download pages.
- Social Media Information: If you use social media (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Twitter or Pinterest) to connect with us, information you share via your posts, or information you have approved via the social media platform or network to share.
- Application Information: If you apply for a job with us online, work experience, educational background, personal preference and position for which you are applying.
How do we collect information?
We collect information about you when you are in one our store, on our website, through our emails or texting program, speaking to our teammates during telephone conversations, or utilizing social media. We also collect information about you from third parties.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- Information you provide to us: You may provide the various types of information listed above to us in-store at the point of sale or by being present in-store, on dkoldies.com, account setup, sweepstakes/contest entries, creating a wish list or participating in a survey, through social media by using a platform’s tools to connect with us or sweepstakes/contest entries, or via telephone.
- Information we collect automatically: When you interact with us electronically we receive certain types of information automatically. This information typically does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or mobile app or you choose to share it with us. We obtain this information through some of the following technologies:
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of data that websites place on your computer to store a range of information. This information is typically specific to you or the device you are using to view dkoldies.com.
- Web beacons: Web beacons allow DKOldies to provide a more personalized experience for our guests. Buckle uses web beacons to track who is visiting our site. We also use them in our emails to track if the email was read or forwarded.
- Information provided by third parties: We carefully select third party companies for limited purposes and allow them to collect specific information by placing cookies when you choose to visit DKOldies.com. This information is used to report marketing program effectiveness directly back to DKOldies. The information and analysis will be used to assist us in better understanding your interests in our website and how to better serve those interests and provide you with more personalized product offerings on future site visits.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect about you helps us to provide you with the most enjoyable shopping experience possible. We do that by using your information in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To provide you with product and services: Information enables DKOldies to deliver products you have ordered, to fulfill requests that you have created, to contact you (or a gift recipient) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to respond to your inquiries.
- To provide a personalized experience: Through cookies, DKOldies is able to personalize your shopping experience by tracking your clicks, tracking the items you put in your shopping cart and whether you have visited buckle.com before. Other information is used to enable your personal stylist to communicate with you and make outfit selections.
- For marketing purposes: Information is used to deliver information to you about our products, website or special offers.
- To confirm your identity: Certain information is used for verification and fraud prevention purposes in order to prevent fraudulent activity on your account.
- To maintain functionality: Certain information allows us to see which areas of our website are visited the most, and this helps us improve the quality of your shopping experience by offering more of the features that you prefer.
- For employment purposes: Certain information is used in the consideration of your application for employment. If employed, your information will be used in DKOldies' internal systems for employment purposes only, such as contacting you about your application and employment opportunities. If hired, your application will become part of your personnel file.
DKOldies does not share the personal information of any of our guests for monetary consideration, but we do share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf.
DKOldies shares information with carefully selected business partners who perform services on our behalf, such as employment applications, payment processing, gift card processing and use monitoring, ratings and reviews, anti-fraud services, order fulfillment, shipments and deliveries. In these situations, you are directing DKOldies to intentionally disclose your personal information so our merchandise and services can be provided to you. The following are examples of select partners that we may share information with:
DKOldies shares information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, website usage analytics, email or other communications, marketing assistance or data analytics, promotions and sweepstakes, or other services. We provide access to your personal information to such service providers in order for them to perform these services. These service providers do not use your personal information for any purposes other than the services for which we have contracted with them. Following are examples of third parties that we may share your information with:
- DKOldies uses Google Analytics to report marketing program effectiveness on our website. To manage your privacy preferences, please visit Google’s website.
Administrative and Legal Reasons
DKOldies continually strives to maintain compliance with legal regulations. If we become aware of or have a good faith belief that we must disclose information about you in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, we will disclose specific information about you to the appropriate legal authorities in order to protect the users of DKOldies.com or the public.
Social Media Platforms
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
You have the following options when it comes to how your information is used by DKOldies:
- If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights related to your personal information, which you can view here.
- Joining DKOldies email list allows you to receive exclusive information about special offers, media events, new products and much more. If at any time you would like to stop future delivery of DKOldies email messages, please follow the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each email message. This will not prevent you from receiving email communications relating to any online order you place at DKOldies.com, requests to participate in surveys about our products or other operational email communications.
- Joining DKOldies' texting program allows you to receive emails and texts from your own personal shopper regarding product, deals and upcoming events. To opt out of this program, reply STOP at any time to the ten-digit phone number from which you receive text messages or follow the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of each email message.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include DKOldies. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.