Recently it seems that wherever you go, everyone's playing Pokémon GO. We're all huge fans here at the DKOldies office and we thought we'd share 6 tips we've learned that might be able to help out some of you who are beginners.
1. Catching Pokémon is easy to do! You will discover Pokémon by simply walking around. If you have the app open, your phone will vibrate to alert you there are Pokémon in the area.
2. Incense and lures can be very helpful. Put a lure at a landmark and more Pokémon will be drawn to the area. Place incense on your character and you will find more Pokémon around you.
3. Be careful when throwing those Poké Balls as you only have so many before they run out. Remember, you can gain even more points by adding a spin to your throw.
5. If you ever run out of Poké Balls, don't worry, it's easy to get more. You can visit a local Pokestop, level-up your character, or buy more Poké Balls from the in-game store.
4. Be aware as you are playing! Don't walk off a cliff, crash your car, or cross the street without looking.
6. You can get Pikachu as your first Pokémon! When you start the game for the first time and are greeted with the 3 initial characters, walk away from them. When they reappear you should see the 3 original characters, plus Pikachu.
Hey want to relive your childhood with the original Pokémon games? Check out our huge selection of Retro Authentic Nintendo Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance systems. All of our Pokémon games are on sale now with Fast Free shipping! Now that you've got these 6 helpful tips in your back pocket, get out there and catch some Pokémon!