How to play as the Master Hand is Smash Bros Melee
Posted by Jack on Feb. 16th, 2021
The entity known as "Master Hand" from the Super Smash Bros. series is one of the most mysterious characters in all of Nintendo lore. It represents the creator of the Smash Bros. universe and is the owner of the Smash trophies you earn throughout the game. But did you know you can actually control the Master Hand in Super Smash Bros. Melee?
Here's how to do it:
1. Using two controllers, plug one in the Player 1 port, and the other in the Player 3 port.
2. In the main menu, select "VS. Mode", then "Melee Mode". This is the only mode you can use Master Hand within.
3. In character selection, move the player 1 controller to select a character, then hover the cursor over "back" in the top right of the screen.
4. Use the second controller (in the player 3 port) to hover your cursor over "name entry" without selecting a Smash fighter.
5. With both cursors over "back" and "name entry" respectively, hit the "A" button on both controllers at the exact same time.
6. If done correctly, you will see the stage selection screen. Choose any level and start the match.
7. Watch in awe as the elusive Master Hand is now under your control.
See the proof of this amazing easter egg below:
Get a refurbished Gamecube with a copy of Smash Bros at our website: