Posted on by DK
The F/C twin is a New “Retro Duo” system that will play Nintendo NES and Super Nintendo Games. This is a simple way to get back into gaming and a great way to have 2 consoles for the price of 1. The system has a few limitations that you should be aware of before buying it. It plays almost every game, there is a short list of games below that it just will not play for one reason or another.
The following NES games are not compatible with the FC Twin:
* Bandit Kings of Ancient China
* Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse
* Cheetahmen II
* Challenge of the Dragon
* Crystal Mines
* Jordan vs Bird: One on One
* Laser Invasion
* Mad Max
* Nobunaga’s Ambition II
* Pipe Dream
* Rad Racer II
* Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
* The Krion Conquest
* Uncharted Waters
* WWF King of the Ring
* WWF WrestleMania Challenge
The following SNES games and peripherals are not compatible with the FC Twin:
* The Incredible Crash Dummies
* E.V.O.: Search for Eden – Cannot save or delete save files. (Disputed.)
* Street Fighter Alpha 2 – The S-DD1 chip does not function.
* Star Ocean – Another S-DD1 dependent title.
* Kirby Super Star – Due to Nintendo SA-1 Coprocessor built into the Cartridge
* Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – Another Nintendo SA-1 dependent title. (Disputed)
* Super Bomberman 2 – The game starts up but the control pad does not function.
* Super Scope 6 – Gun will work but you can not use controller it wont let two player mode work on Terminator: Arcade, Metal Combat, etc.
-Games marked as (Disputed) have been found to work some of the time.
At times different copies of the same game can behave differently in the FC Twin. This may be explained by a malfunction with the cartridge itself. Some copies of Dragon Warrior or Super Mario Bros. 2 for example will not work in the FC Twin; while other copies of the same games will operate in the same machine. In other cases, the system simply does not function with certain expansion chips, such as those in Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.
The FC Twin has Super Nintendo Controller Ports and you can use original SNES accessories.
So overall this 2 in 1 console is the best new retro console on the market today. It has some limitations but the overall good far outweighs the bad. The cost is a plus as well selling for Roughly $60 and comes with all the cords to play and 2 controllers, the originals are each at least that price or more. Pick up an FC Twin for $50 with free shipping at DKOldies.