Easy video on how to swap out your old Nintendo Game Boy screen for a new one
Changing the protective lens on your original Game Boy isn't a big deal but it makes a world of difference. When you have a fresh screen looking through to your monitor, your games look as they did when you purchased your system. You only need three items, your Game Boy handheld, a new replacement lens, and a thumb tack.
- Pry off the old lens with the thumb tack. This may leave an indent in your system so try to do it in an area that will be less noticeable.
- Clean the area in and around the old lens. Gently clean the screen area also, you don't want any dust or debris on the monitor. Make sure this is done to your satisfaction before moving on.
- Peel adhesive strip off new replacement lens. One side will be white and the other clear. Only take the white side off as the other will protect the screen while you are finishing your replacement.
- Apply and center new lens onto lens area. Firmly press to ensure proper bond.
- Remove clear screen protection film. These films have a foggy look to them and are there to protect the outside of the lens during installation.
That's it! Now enjoy your brand new screen by playing some of those original Game Boy games you love. Thanks for reading our Blog. Feel free to comment in the comments section below and suggest another topic for more retro gaming discussions. Shop Game Boy Accessory Items on Sale Now