If you've been following this blog for a while, then you already know we love the Retron 5. Well believe it or not, Hyperkin's incredible retro console does a lot more than just play games designed for ten separate game consoles. If you have an 1MB SD card and an internet connection, you can get more out of your Retron 5 than you ever thought possible!
Use Every Cheat Code!
One of the only real issues with the Retron 5 was that it couldn't support Game Genie devices. Normally, this would make your favorite cheat codes impossible to use. However, Hyperkin didn't want to let this keep you from cheating your way to victory. If you look on the back of any Retron 5 system, you'll see an SD card slot. This is to allow new data and operating System updates to be installed at any time.
In a few Minutes, You'll Have the Best Game Genie Ever Made!
One of the better downloads you can make is a complete cheat code list for every console supported by the Retron 5. It's got every Game Genie code preloaded, and the best part is you'll never have to waste time typing out the codes by hand ever again. On the Retron 5, all you have to do is select any cheats you want from a master menu and you're good to go.
Here's All You Have to Do:
1. Get an SD card, 1 MB or larger. These usually retail for less than $5, so no worries about breaking your wallet.
2. Update Your Retron 5's Firmware to make sure you have the latest system upgrades installed. Hyperkin offers a phenomenal tutorial on how to go about this:
3. Insert the SD card into your computer and download the latest Retron cheat file from:
4. Unzip the cheat file and copy all of its contents to the SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into your Retron 5 console.
From now on, when playing any of your favorite NES, SNES, or Genesis games, there should be a fully-loaded cheats section in the Retron 5's "Game Menu." And the best part is that since they're pre-loaded, you'll never have to waste time typing out every last, individual code like you did back in the day.
Buy the Retron 5 System
So, what are you waiting for? Get online and start getting best Retron 5 experience possible! Let us know in the comments if this tutorial helped you out, or if you have any further questions about your Retron 5.